Tuesday, August 13, 2013

MV Sai Mai - Private Diving Liveaboard Cruise to Similan Islands, Koh Tachai and Richelieu Rock - Day 1

Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4 | Day 5-6


I joined this cruise because even though I did several tours and dives in the Southern Andaman Sea I never managed to properly visit Similan Islands and the few others north of them.

As confirmed the driver came to pick me up at my house on time in early afternoon and then we moved towards Phuket Airport to pick up Stefano and Giovanni who were scheduled to land soon, ready to go directly on board upon arrival.

With us was also Jason, a nice guy, diving instructor like me but with several years of experience diving in Similan area. He was an addition to me in order to make the most of this beautiful archipelago and to give the best experience to our guests.

After few minutes of wait finally Stefano and Giovanni, the guys (father and son) who chartered the boat showed up with their luggage. After a handshake and some conversation I quickly realized that we would get along nicely, something not always granted when you spend several days in confined spaces of a boat.

Since we had to wait a few hours before the boat was ready as it just came back from a previous cruise, we decided to take some time stopping on the way to Khao Lak at a place called Cafe 360° View Point which offers a very nice view on the northern side of Phuket Island and later we had dinner and a couple of beers on Khao Lak beach. Between beers and chatting it quickly came the time to finally get on board and set sail.

MV Sai Mai Phuket Liveaboard and Day Charters
MV Sai Mai Liveaboard

I always loved cruising at night time, with the lights of the fishing boats weakly breaking the darkness beyond the horizon, between the absolute silence of the flat sea and the gentle breeze my mind clears and starts flying. I could abandon myself to this peace for hours but in this case was better to be considerate and go down to the cabin to get some sleep in order to be well rested for the dives coming next morning.

Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4 | Day 5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment