GREEN CURRY WITH CHICKEN (Kaeng Kiew Wan Gai)
Green Curry is one of the famous Thai dish for foreigners since the original test is not suppose to be too spicy. Otherwise some need to adjust other spicy dishes ingredients which make them loosing a little bit of the original flavour.
Ingredients (serves 2):
|Green Curry with Chicken|
- 15 mls (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 50g (2 tbsp) green curry paste
- 400 mls (1/3 cup) coconut cream
- 225 mls (1 cup) chicken stock
- 150g (¾ cup) chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 2 regular eggplant, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 50g (½ cup) pea eggplant
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 30 mls (1 tbsp) fish sauce
- 20g (1 tbsp) palm sugar (or normal sugar)
- 1 big red chili, julienned cut
- 20g (¼ cup) sweet basil leaves
- Heat the oil in the wok. Add curry paste and fry over low to medium heat, stirring regularly to prevent the paste burning about 1-2 minutes until fragrant
- Add coconut cream and bring back to boil. Add chicken and simmer until tender about 1-2 minutes. Bring back to boil, add both types of eggplant and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Season with fish sauce and palm sugar and simmer about 1-2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with kaffir lime leaves, chilies and basil leaves and continue to cook for another 30 seconds. Renove from the heat and serve with steamed rice.
This dish is typically made with chicken meat, however other kinds of meat can be used if preferred, I like to make with seafood and add other vegetable such as carrot, sweet corn, broccoli, etc.
Check out our Private Thai Cooking Class
More about cooking Thai Dishes on our Thai Recipes Page!