CHICKEN WITH CASHEW NUTS (Gai Phad Med Ma Muang)
One of the Thai dish that never fail me when I introduce them to my foreigner friends is Chicken with cashew nuts, it's a simple dish and very easy to make.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 150g (¾ cup) chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 30 mls (2 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- 60g (½ cup) cashew nuts, deep-fried or roasted
- 15 mls (1 tbsp) oyster sauce
- 15 mls (1 tbsp) light soy sauce
- 5 mls (1 tsp) chili paste
- 5g (1 tsp) palm sugar (or normal sugar)
- 40 g (1/3 cup) spring onions, cut into1 in. lengths
- 10 small dried red chilies, deep fried or roasted (garnish)
- coriander leaves, coarsely chopped (garnish)
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry the chicken, turning occasionally for about 3-5 minutes or until tender. Place them to drain on paper towel.
- Heat the oil in wok and fry garlic until begins to color. Add onions and cashew nuts then fry until all vegetables are done for about 1-2 minutes. Add chicken and season with oyster sauce, soy sauce, chili paste and sugar until well combined. Sprinkle spring onions and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Serve sprinkled with coriander leaves and deep-fried dried chillies.