FRIED RICE WITH SEAFOOD (Khao Phad Seafood)
Fried Rice is a very simple Thai dish and easy to make. I always had my Fried Rice with Vegetable Soup (Thai style) or Tom Yum Soup on the side for more taste.
|Fried Rice with Seafood|
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 3 cups cooked Thai rice
- 10 medium sized shrimps*
- 2 medium sized squids*, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- ½ minced green or red chilli for medium-spicy rice
- 30ml (2 tbsp) fish sauce
- 50ml (3 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 60g (½ cup) fresh coriander
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 lime, wedged
- 1 tomato, wedged
- Place oil in a wok, add garlic and chilli stir-fry over medium-high heat until fragrant ( about 1 minute).
- Add prawns* and squid*, then stir fry until cooked thoroughly.
- Move ingredients aside and crack egg into the wok, stir to cook and break up the egg, when egg is nearly cooked add the rice, stir fry, keeping the heat medium-high.
- Add fish sauce and tomato, continue to sir-fry for another 1-2 minutes. Before serving, sprinkle with onion and coriander on top and place cucumber and lemon beside the fried rice.
* seafood can be substituted with chicken, pork or beef.
NOTE: Once in the plate, Thai people love to season the Fried Rice with chopped chillies in fish sauce and lime for better taste.